Cinnamon Lotus Originals

Cinnamon Lotus Originals

Friday, June 17, 2011

Summertime Shiny Things!

Summertime is all about color and sparkle for me.  The word 'summer' conjures up images of gloriously colored flower gardens and green, leafy foliage!  I think about the wildflowers in the meadows,  wild irises on creekbanks,  brightly colored rocks that I find during my rockhunting adventures,  the earthy hues of the sands and dunes in the desert that surrounds our rural community.  And I think of the myriad blues and greens which define the mountain lakes,  glacial ponds,  and melt-fed streams.

And these days,  I think about JEWELRY!!!  Especially charm-style bracelets.  I love the bright,  shiny kaleidoscope of colors and the dangly little charms that make such a delightful sound whenever I move my write.

The materials thrill me!  Glass beads of all sizes, shapes, and colors.  Gemstone beads,  faceted crystal pieces,  crackle glass - shiny with the bubbles inside them.  There are metal beads and even "stardust" beads!!!!  And the metalwork...ah,  yes,  wire wrap.

The twists and swirls,  wire-wrapped charms remind me of gloriously green vines of the clematis, ivy, and wisteria.  Sometimes I throw in little polymer clay beads that I've made and use their palettes to guide my inspiration.

Othertimes,  I am inspired by a combination of stone and wire.  Moonglow,  to the left,  was borne out of moonstone and gold.  Moonstone chips,  rounds,  and tiny faceted rondelles with glass and freshwater pearls coupled with bright gold-plated wire look so beautiful and elegant together!

Do you like the little heart charms?  I LOVE them!!!!







Glittery fireworks,  ripe cherries,  apples on the tree,  red is a gorgeous color,  especially when combined with delicate silver and curly wire work.  I call this one 'Cherry Fizz'.  It's one of my favorites.


'Punk Rock Love' is a necklace I designed for a friend of mine.  Super chunky,  colorful,  and a little edgy.  I really wanted to wrap the heart pendant with barbed wire.  I'm going to have to learn how to make some...

I haven't been doing this for very long...nor have I made much money at it yet (yet,  lol),  but I have had some pieces comissioned,  which is a huge confidence booster!  Jewelry making has become my passion.  Some days I am just so full of inspiration that I make piece after piece,  all day long!!!

The biggest bummer is when I get low on materials!!!!!










One last piece,  for the road.  I call it Kobalt with a K...as in Kristina,   with a K!!!!  LOL.  I love this blue!!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment