Cinnamon Lotus Originals

Cinnamon Lotus Originals

Friday, March 18, 2011

Cedar Round Beads

I honestly think this is one of the best ideas I've ever had...I got these 7/8" cedar rounds from a friend several years ago.  She used them to make bug-repelling sachets.  I thought I would rub them with cedarwood essential oil and make my own sachets.  But their beautiful roundness cried out for something different.

And then it came to me.  I have a wood burning tool.  I'm not great with it,  but I figured I would try it out on these bad boys.  They've turned out really nice.  I've put flowers,  swirls,  stars,  all kinds of different designs on them.  I still need to drill the holes and finish them somehow.  I've been toying with the idea of using essential oils to fragrance them naturally and give them a nice color.I'd love some feedback on these.  Please feel free to comment!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment