Cinnamon Lotus Originals

Cinnamon Lotus Originals

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

In the Beginning

Why wrestle with it anymore?  I've spent years working as a receptionist,  a cashier,  an administrative assistant,  a customer service rep.  Yes,  I loved those jobs,  but they were never my vocation.

I've been artistic since I was a child.  I started playing piano when I was 4.  I was courted by a design school when I was 15.  I wanted to be a hair stylist when I was 17.  And all the while I wrote stories,  poetry,  and prose,  drew pictures,  painted denim jackets and those cool canvas high-tops that were popular in the '80s.

My parents wanted me to go to college.  They wanted me to have a career,  not just a series of odd jobs.  They wanted me to be a lawyer (since I was so good at arguing),  or a psychologist (since I was hyper-analytical).  I could never fit into the mold of student,  academic,  or professional.

So here I am,  the proverbial "struggling artist",  doing what I love and hoping to make a living at it.  I try my hand at everything:  soap making,  candle making,  crocheting,  felting,  hand-spinning,  decoupage,  designing logos,  making polymer clay goodies,  making jewelry with my polymer clay goodies.  My life is a kaleidoscope of color,  augmented by function,  fragrance,  and texture,  influenced by nature.

THIS is my vocation.  THIS is my passion.  This is where my dreams are made...and they come true!  What a journey,  to end up back where I started!

No comments:

Post a Comment