Cinnamon Lotus Originals

Cinnamon Lotus Originals

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Insomnia Is My Friend?

I guess sleeplessness isn't really my enemy,  but I do wish I could catch a little shut eye at some point.  Back in my party days,  I came alive at night.  Once I got clean and sober and after I settled into a new healthier lifestyle,  I learned how to sleep like a "normal" person.

But here I am,  once again,  most alive at night.  Yes,  I'm clean and sober,  so it's not that.  Perhaps it's my new medication (we'll get into that in a separate post) that's inducing sleeplessness.

At any rate,  through the exhaustion,  my creative mind races.  I just spent several hours perusing the amazing crafty offerings at stumbleupon.com.  Oh my God,  creative Heaven!!!   There's a baby shower coming up,  so many half-done projects - just looking at those pages and pages of incredibly innovative and unique ideas has stirred my imagination.

I know I need to get some rest.  But it's hard to shut my eyes with all of this crafty goodness bouncing around in my head!!!

So goodnight all.  Tomorrow,  I will continue my foray into alpaca fiber felted pet toys.  Perhaps I will try the Kool Aid dying trick.  Perhaps I will pick up some balloons and make dangley ornaments with my leftover scraps of yarn.  Maybe I will finish that hooded baby afghan I started.  And then I will wire wrap some of the rough stones I've been collecting over the years.  And then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment