Cinnamon Lotus Originals

Cinnamon Lotus Originals

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Little Green Box

I've had this little wooden box forever.  When I got it at the craft store it was unfinished and had some wire mesh across the top,  like an old fashioned pie safe.  I bought a couple of them...I'm a sucker for little wooden and papier mache boxes.
A couple of days ago,  I retrieved it from it's longtime hiding place and took it apart to sand it so that I could paint it and make it pretty.  Accidentally,  I pushed the mesh out of it.
In a fit of creativity,  I got out Tony's dremel tool and drilled some holes.  I found my mom's 20 year old crackle finish (believe it!  It still works!),  and I gave this little treasure a couple coats of paint.  Finally,  I threaded copper wire through the holes,  anchored at each side with wrapped beads and swirls.  I slid some beautiful beads onto the wires covering the top of the box to form a decorated sort of grate.



I was thinking,  perhaps I could put some deliciously fragrant potpourri into it - it would be cat safe.  I don't dare place a bowl of loose potpourri anywhere in this house,  as DC and Pete are notoriously curious!  Any ideas?  I would welcome some creative input!

No comments:

Post a Comment