Cinnamon Lotus Originals

Cinnamon Lotus Originals

Monday, April 25, 2011

The Miracle of Poly Clay

Years ago,  I bought a ton of polymer clay.  I planned on making alpaca-shaped pin with it,  as I was an alpaca farmer way back then.  Things didn't go as planned,  and these 25 +/- chunks of clay just sat.  And sat.  And sat.  Then one day,  after I'd exhausted all of my soapmaking supplies and didn't want to draw or sketch,  I remembered that shoebox full of poly clay!  And it has only grown from there!

I used my tiny tiny heart soap molds to make these "Happy Hearts" pins.  Each one has a different motiff.  I wear them on my winter hats.  They add a splash of colorful fun in winter.



And I decided to make some beads.  I figured there was no way I would be able to compete with accomplished jewelry artists,  but my beads would be one-of-a-kind creations.  I make them in very small lots,  so they are guaranteed to be unique within the beading world.As always,  comments are always welcome.  Ich kann' Deutsch lesen,  also schreib' doch in Deutsch!

No comments:

Post a Comment