Cinnamon Lotus Originals

Cinnamon Lotus Originals

Saturday, April 9, 2011

My Favorite Fragrance Oils

My Favorite Fragrance Oils…Ahhhh,  one of my favorite topics!  I LOVE FRAGRANCE!!!  I put it in my bath,  in my hair, on my linens,  in my clothes dryer.  One of the great benefits of being a soap and candle maker is that I get to try out bunches and bunches of fragrance oils!  Here are some of my favorites…
Tuscan Nights from Peak Candles is my absolute favorite at the moment.  It’s a totally unique scent that smells clean,  woodsy,  minty,  and just plain incredible!  And it’s both male and female friendly.
Dual from Bramble Berry runs a close second.  It’s modeled after a men’s cologne,  but it’s decidedly feminine.  Rich, sensual,   and heady,  it reminds me vaguely of Giorgio of Beverly Hills (which dates me!).  I made a room spray using it,  and it is the one that my boyfriend faithfully chooses to spritz our furnishings.
Asian Plum from Wholesale Supplies Plus is a sweet fragrance with delicate fruity and floral notes.  It doesn’t necessarily smell like plum to me,  but it does remind me of those beautiful Chinese paintings of chrysanthemums and peacocks and cherry blossoms. 
If you are a fan of tropical scents or coconut (or even if you aren’t) you will love Bramble Berry’s Papaya Coconut!!!  I received this as a sample with my last couple of orders and was completely bowled over by the smoothness of this
fragrance!  It’s more like buttery coconut milk,  or the actual flesh of a coconut than it is perfumy and overpowering like a car air freshener.  I highly recommend this oil.
Peak Candles offers Apple Blossom within its vast array of fragrances.  I love anything having to do with “blossoms” so I had to try it.  While it doesn’t remind me of apple blossoms,  per se,  it is an awesome scent!  Very clean and sweet with a hint of apple orchard – fruit and blossom.  I love this one!
Bramble Berry’s Sea Moss is one of those fragrances that brings up wonderful memories of visits to the beach.  Sweetly saline,  it smells just like icy droplets of sea spray as waves crash on the beach.  This is a great oil to use in a sea salt bath.
Stargazer Lily by Peak Candle is incredible!  It smells just like a stargazer lily looks – bright,  pink,  elegant,  playful,  and summery.  It’s the perfect floral.
Cool Water,  a  replica of Cold Water men’s cologne,  is available at Wholesale Supplies Plus.  It’s clean, fresh,  crisp,  and masculine…and smells almost exactly like the cologne.  This is my favorite men’s fragrance.
 
Other fragrance oils of note:
Passionfruit Rose flavor/fragrance oil – Bramble Berry
Nile Queen – Bramble Berry
Spellbound Woods – Bramble Berry
Sweet Pea – Peak Candle
Black Canyon – Peak Candle
Cedar and Saffron – Bramble Berry
China Rain – Bramble Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment